Silver Fish Remediation Preparations
All flooring should be thoroughly vacuumed. Particular attention should be given to harborage
areas, such as along baseboards.
- All lower cupboards in the kitchen and bathrooms must be emptied.
- All shelf paper should be removed and discarded.
- Move furniture away from walls @ least 2 feet.
- The floor areas of closets should be cleared out.
- It is recommended to replace cardboard storage boxes with plastic bins.
- Aquariums should be covered with the air intake turned off.
- Occupants and pets must vacate for 4 hours.
- Pregnant women, children 2 and under, people with respiratory problems, people with
autoimmune deficiencies, and or chemical sensitivities should remain away for at least 24
- Ventilate upon re-entry by opening doors and windows.
- Do not wash floors or baseboards for at least 4 weeks
Preparation is important and necessary for a silverfish treatment to be effective